2013 Channel Seven Brisbane Racing Carnival
Media Accreditation is required to grant you access to the 2013 Channel Seven Brisbane Racing Carnival at Eagle Farm and Doomben Racecourse. This consists of a date specific lanyard.
Media access is restricted to certain areas of the racecourse. This will be determined by media status and work priority, and is also affected by security and Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
For all media accreditation enquiries please contact:
Tracy Grierson, Marketing Manager
07 3861 2826 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the areas of access for media are:
GENERAL (G) = Access into the racecourse, general public & Members’ Areas.
ACCESS ALL AREAS (AAA) = Access into the racecourse and all areas including the Winner’s Circle, Mounting Yard and Horse Areas.
Media Accreditation Rules
In applying for and receiving media accreditation you accept the Brisbane Racing Club’s (BRC) media rules which will be enforced on all media throughout the 2011 Channel Seven Brisbane Racing Carnival.
These rules are necessary to honour the Brisbane Racing Club’s contracts with broadcast partners the Seven Network and Sky, to limit the number of people in the Mounting Yard for Occupational Health & Safety reasons on the five days of the Channel Seven Brisbane Racing Carnival and for the comfort and respect of racing officials and owners and trainers with runners.
- Accreditation is non-transferrable
- Media access lanyards indicate areas of access granted. Lanyards should be worn around the neck and not placed in pockets or handbags. Entrance to the racecourses and areas shall only be permitted upon presentation of a media lanyard
- Access into the Winner’s Circle and Mounting Yard is strictly limited and will only be granted to media wearing the appropriate BRC media lanyard
- Accreditation does not provide access into Corporate Marquee areas. These are invitation-only areas
- Accreditation is given for the purpose of undertaking work resulting in media coverage and is not to be used as a ‘ticket’ into the event
- A Media Outlet must not cause or permit any Works (or any part thereof ) to be broadcast, published or used other than in a programor publication which is an approved medium for the Accredited Party who created the Works
- Seven Network as the BRCs exclusive live free-to-air telecaster and Sky as the BRCs exclusive broadcaster for the Brisbane Racing Carnival, have the exclusive right to broadcast in Australia, which includes the right of first access to the winning connections of all races
- Although we understand that TV crews have equipment to carry, the BRC is not in a position to provide car parking as part of media accreditation
- Photographers must be considerate of all racegoers when gaining the best photographic position
- Photographers must not obstruct the view of mobile and fixed Seven Network, Sky and BRC TV cameras
- Photographers must only take images for editorial purposes unless authorised by the BRC
The Mounting Yards at both Eagle Farm and Doomben are areas designed specifically for trainers, horses, jockeys, connections, Racing Queensland Officials and BRC staff. Media are privileged to have access to this area and should abide by the rules accordingly. For the safety and security of all concerned, the number of people in the Mounting Yard will be strictly limited.
- Seven Network as the BRCs exclusive live free-to-air telecaster and Sky as the BRCs exclusive broadcaster have first access to the winning connections of all races
- All media must follow the directions of BRC staff and Security Guards
- Mounting Yard access is only issued to approved working journalists and photographers. Proof of working status on any particular day may be required.
- Mobile telephones may not be turned on or used in the Mounting Yard or scales area.
- Media granted access to the Mounting Yard must dress neatly. Open shoes are not allowed
- Local TV networks (camera crews and journalists) will not be permitted to enter the Mounting Yard except when prior approval is granted.
Dress Code – All media are required to dress according to the BRCs dress code for the Mounting Yard and Members’ areas. Men are required to wear a collared shirt tucked into tailored trousers plus either a tie or suit style jacket. Women are expected to maintain a suitable standard of dress. Covered shoes must be worn at all times. Joggers, thongs, shorts and denim will not be permitted.
General Media Enquiries & Accreditation
07 3861 2826
0451 124 159