TAB Doomben 10,000 Meeting - Contingency

Significant rainfall is forecast for Brisbane this week. Following a meeting between Racing Queensland and the Brisbane Racing Club this afternoon, it has been determined:

  • All Acceptances for Saturday’s Doomben 10,000 meeting will be pushed back to 11AM WEDNESDAY. This includes the Doomben 10,000, which initially had a deadline of tomorrow.
  • A decision on where the meeting will be held – be it Doomben or a switch to Eagle Farm - will be made at 8.30AM WEDNESDAY.
  • All existing ticket holders, including hospitality, will be accommodated if the meeting is transferred to Eagle Farm.

The change to acceptance times allows a decision to be made when more is known about weather conditions. If the existing forecast eventuates it is likely the meeting will be moved to Eagle Farm. The pushing back of acceptances allows an additional 24 hours (in the case of the Doomben 10,000) and two hours for the remainder of the races.

A decision at this time of the week means form guides, particularly for printed publications, can provide accurate information around venue, field sizes and race distances. A switch to Eagle Farm would necessitate a slight distance change to a number of races and also capacity field sizes.

If moved to Eagle Farm, the rail will be placed in the 7m position. Moving a race meeting from Doomben to Eagle Farm is not always possible. However, the Doomben 10,000 meeting is in the middle of the four-week gap between Queensland Guineas Day and the Queensland Derby so a move is possible and BRC is planning for the move.

Eagle Farm track staff held off on preparation work for Derby Day after contingency plans started last Friday.

For ticket holders to Saturday’s Doomben 10,000 meeting, it will mean no changes – the existing tickets will be valid for Eagle Farm.

Furthermore, all existing hospitality bookings will be accommodated should the meeting be transferred to Eagle Farm.