TAB Doomben 10,000 – Transfer to Eagle Farm
Following a meeting between Brisbane Racing Club and Racing Queensland officials this morning, the decision has been made to transfer this Saturday’s TAB Doomben 10,000 meeting from Doomben to Eagle Farm.
The decision was taken after the Doomben track fell into the Heavy range overnight, with 38mm having fallen to 7.30 Wednesday morning.
The forecast for Wednesday has increased from 35-60mm to 50-90mm. This, in addition to the forecast for 35-45mm on Thursday and 20-50mm on Friday means Doomben’s capacity to race would be highly unlikely, even with a forecast of rain easing to 3-15mm on Saturday.
The change of track means there has been a need to make some slight alterations to race distances and field sizes:
- The 1200m G1 Doomben 10,000 and G2 Spirit Of Boom Classic will be run over the same distance with the field size of 16 unchanged.
- The 2000m G3 Rough Habit Plate and G3 Chairman’s Handicap will now be run over 2143m with the field size of 16 reduced to 14.
- The 1600m Member’s Handicap will be run over the same distance with field size of 16 expanded to 17.
- The 1350m races (3YO Plate, Benchmark 85 Handicap) will now be run over 1400m with field sizes of 16 unchanged.
- The 1110m LR Bright Shadow will now be run over 1200m with the field size of 16 unchanged.
- The 1050m Class 6 Plate will now be run over 1000m, with field size reduced from 14 to 12.
Existing ticket sales will stand and all functions will be accommodated at Eagle Farm. Ticket holders will be contacted this week to notify of those changes.