Taking inspiration from picnics on the lawn, BRC’s Executive Chef John Felesina suggests bringing the outside in with these tartlets as part of a picnic spread, perfect to enjoy with Quincy Sparkling Alcoholic Seltzer.
2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
Olive oil, to brush
300g blue cheese, crumbled
100g grated mozzarella
4 large ripe fresh figs, each cut into fine wedges
8 thin slices prosciutto (cut into smaller slices)
Fresh basil, torn
1. Preheat your oven to 200C.
2. Prepare a silicone muffin tray with spray oil.
3. Using a fork, prick your pastry sheets, then using a round cutter, cut and gently press the puff pastry disks into the muffin tray to form a tart shell. Lightly brush each with olive oil.
4. Combine the grated mozzarella together with the crumbled blue cheese. Evenly distribute half the cheese mix in the bottom of each pastry shell. Place the prosciutto slices and fresh fig into each tartlet and top with the extra cheese.
5. Bake in a hot oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown and baked through.
6. Carefully remove from the oven and allow to cool, before removing from the trays. Top with torn basil and serve warm.
Quincy Sparkling Alcoholic Seltzer
Quincy Sparkling Alcoholic Seltzer is a new style of alcoholic beverage, using rice to deliver a clean, dry taste that isn’t too sweet. Available in two flavours, lime and passionfruit, Quincy is infused with real juices and natural flavor.