Updated Biosecurity Protocols - 4 April 2020
Please be advised important biosecurity measures and additional restriction to access in place for tomorrow’s meeting at Doomben.
- Strictly no access to weighing room. An attendant will be there to facilitate any needs.
- Access to Mounting Yard will be for jockeys only. BRC will provide barrier staff to leg jockeys up.
- There will be no standing permitted in the walkway in front of the jockeys room. A designated area for pre-race discussion with jockeys will be set aside near the Gunsynd Gardens with social distancing markers set out.
- Strappers are to be reminded when letting horses out onto the field, not to congregate but to walk back down to the nearest gate as soon as possible.
- A canteen in the Gunsynd Gardens will be open for anyone requiring free water. This will be attended to ensure appropriate health measures are taken.
Stewards and Officials will be monitoring social distancing at all times to ensure we are complying with all regulations.
Thank you for your understanding
Trainer Staff Submission
In relations to the recent COVID-19 situation in Australia and the measures that Racing Queensland and the Government have put in place to prevent further contaminations, the Brisbane Racing Club is doing its part to ensure all the precautions are taken to mitigate any potential issues.
It is our responsibility to ensure the safety of all coming to the track in these times.
Please fill out the below form with ALL staff that will be working on the upcoming raceday (please include yourself in the submission).
Please note that only critical/essential staff will be allowed on track.
If you have more than 6 staff members, please email email@example.com with a list.
Access to the racecourse will be organised accordingly so please make sure that you have included all the people that will be attending.
Anyone coming to the gate without prior notice will not be given access to the track.
Staff Submission Form