COVID-19 Biosecurity Protocols
Please note the following COVID-19 updates as at 16/07/2021:
In relation to the current COVID-19 situation unfolding, Racing Queensland has published an addendum to its COVID-19 Racing Code Protocols.
Mandatory temperature testing for all industry staff will continue at all TAB race meetings across the state.
In addition, face masks are to be worn at all times whilst indoors in the Core Racing Areas and areas of compromised physical distancing, including in mounting yards, behind barriers and starting boxes.
Jockeys and drivers are not required to wear a face mask whilst racing but must wear a face mask at all other times.
Patrons are able to attend race meetings within the impacted Local Government Areas, but must also comply with all Queensland Health directions.
This includes the need to wear face masks when indoors, as well as outdoors when not able to physically distance.
Official trials will be restricted to Essential Racing Personnel only during this period.
Click here to see the COVID-19 Racing Code Protocols Addendum
Click here to view the full RQ COVID-19 Response Information
Please be advised important biosecurity measures and additional restriction to access in place for race meetings.
- Strictly no access to weighing room. An attendant will be there to facilitate any needs.
- Access to Mounting Yard will be for jockeys only. BRC will provide barrier staff to leg jockeys up.
- There will be no standing permitted in the walkway in front of the jockeys room. A designated area for pre-race discussion with jockeys will be set aside near the Gunsynd Gardens with social distancing markers set out.
- Strappers are to be reminded when letting horses out onto the field, not to congregate but to walk back down to the nearest gate as soon as possible.
- A canteen in the Gunsynd Gardens will be open for anyone requiring free water. This will be attended to ensure appropriate health measures are taken.
Stewards and Officials will be monitoring social distancing at all times to ensure we are complying with all regulations.
Thank you for your understanding.